Are Seamless Gutters Worth It?
April 28, 2023
When it comes to investing in your home's value, your gutters may not be the first thing that comes to mind. After all, they blend into the look of your home and often go unnoticed. However, gutters are critical in protecting your home from water damage.
Standard gutters are a common choice, but seamless gutters offer better protection, require less maintenance, and offer more curb appeal. However, with the higher cost of seamless gutters, the question remains: are seamless gutters really worth the cost?
To answer that question, we will go over a comparison of regular gutters and seamless. Then, we will dive into the costs of acquiring seamless gutters and installing them. Let's begin!
Seamless Gutters vs. Regular Gutters
Seamless gutters and regular gutters serve the same purpose. However, there are four key areas where both differ:
- Installation: Seamless gutters are custom-made on-site using a special machine that fabricates them to the exact length needed for each section of the roofline. Regular gutters come in pre-cut sections that are pieced together during installation.
- Appearance: Seamless gutters have a smoother appearance since they are made from a single piece of material without any seams or joints. Regular gutters have visible seams where the sections are joined together.
- Maintenance: Seamless gutters require less maintenance since they have fewer joints and seams that can leak or clog. Regular ones require more maintenance to ensure the seams and joints remain sealed and debris-free.
- Cost: Seamless gutters are generally more expensive than regular gutters since they require specialized installation equipment and labor. However, traditional gutters will ask for a pretty penny in repairs and maintenance over time.
Now that you know the difference and consequences of getting one or the other, let's look at what usually defines a homeowner's choice.
How much do seamless gutters cost?
Seamless gutters can be made of galvanized steel, aluminum, or copper. Depending on the material, the price tag will be higher. Galvanized steel and aluminum are the cheapest, and copper is the most expensive. According to Homeguide
, aluminum or steel seamless gutters cost $6 to $20 per linear foot. And copper costs $30 to $50 per linear foot. Keep in mind that these are estimates and that the installation is included.
If you want an overall range based on average home sizes, it's anywhere from $900 to $3,000. And that's a considerable price gap. Why is that?
Factors That Influence Seamless Gutters' Costs
That cost gap exists because of factors like gutter type, size, and thickness. Let's take a closer look at each.
- Gutter Type:
Seamless gutters are made by a machine on site. This specialized machine forms a flat coil of aluminum, steel, or copper into the shape of a gutter. And even though they are custom-made, it doesn't mean you can shape your gutter any way you like. The machine that makes seamless gutters can only create K-style, halt-round, and box shape gutters. However, some machines can also generate fascia and half-round seamless gutters. But these are rare and even more expensive. The type of gutter you choose will definitely impact the overall project cost.
- Gutter Size and Thickness:
Most gutters are 5 or 6 inches in diameter. Any less, and they might prove insufficient to handle heavy rain. Still, some areas see a lot more rainstorms than others, so some might choose to get seven or 8-inch gutters. The bigger the gutter, the more it will cost. And that is also true for their thickness. Thickets gutters need more material, and therefore they cost more.
Are Seamless Gutters Really Worth the Money?
Seamless gutters are 100% worth the investment. Here are some of the reasons why:
- First and foremost, seamless gutters provide superior protection against water damage. The lack of seams means no weak spots or areas where water can leak.
- They also require less maintenance than sectional gutters. With no seams or joints, there are fewer places for debris to get trapped and cause clogs. This means less time and money spent on cleaning and maintenance.
- Another benefit of seamless gutters is their curb appeal. Because they are custom-made to fit your home's exact dimensions, they provide a more polished and professional look than sectional gutters. This can increase your home's overall market value.
- Finally, seamless gutters are made from high-quality materials that are built to last. They are less likely to crack or break over time and come in various colors and finishes to complement your home's exterior.
If by now you have decided to get this type of gutter for your home, congratulations! You have made an excellent choice.
Still, remember that all types of gutters require cleaning and maintenance at least once or twice per year. After that costly investment, we bet you want your new gutters to last decades.
Miami Gutter Cleaning Is Here To Help!
Miami Gutter Cleaning is a family-owned business with over 20 years of combined experience. Our gutter cleaning company provides quick, budget-friendly gutter and downspout cleaning for residential homes and commercial properties.
We offer gutter cleaning
and repair services
in South Florida and surrounding areas. Our mission is to provide our customers with the highest quality gutter cleaning and repair services with timely completion of work, superior service, and guaranteed satisfaction. Also, we can help compliment your shiny new seamless gutters with a wide range of gutter accessories
We are licensed and insured, and all our employees undergo a rigorous background check. Our professional craftsmen are highly skilled and trustworthy.
Get your gutter cleaning or repair quote today. Call us now at (786) 676-8259
or fill out our website's contact form to get started and see what a difference Miami Gutter Cleaning can make on your property!